Here are some key aspects:
Water, Electricity, Sewage, and Gas:
• Revising the annual increment in water bill
• No charges for water sewage connection
• Electricity rate at 1.50 per unit up to 200 units and 50% subsidy on the electricity bill if it exceeds the limit
• Providing gas pipeline to every household
• To begin pension scheme for widow, old-aged, and handicapped people
• To increase the pension to 2000/-
• To install CCTV cameras in buses and public places
• To provide special training to the police to ensure utmost security to women
• To provide 85% seats in government colleges to the students of Delhi
• To begin vocational course in government schools in the evening session
The Indian National Congress had always been engagedin ensuring welfare and bringing betterment to the society since itsinception. And Walia Ji has continued the tradition in his constituency duringhis political career. This time, he is committed to carry forward the same withhis developmental vision for the Laxmi Nagar constituency.
The people of Delhi, this time, want to bringthe congress leadership back to power, as the citizens have firm belief in thecongress party that doesn’t indulge in rhetoric and hollow promises.
The Indian National Congress owns a rich history of not resting on its glories; rather we believe in taking the tradition to the next level. Walia Ji has devised a comprehensive development model for his constituency, pushing the betterment in housing, power, water supply, education, health, transportation, etc.
Dr. A.K. Walia seeks complete support and co-operation from the people of Laxmi Nagar constituency so that he can take forth the remaining tasks of development. Based on his long experience as a successful people’s leader and a legislator, Walia Ji has been elected as the chairman of the Election Manifesto Committee.