With keen interest in ensuring overall betterment to the people of Laxmi Nagar constituency, Walia Ji has always taken key initiatives towards his commitment to make Delhi a world class and modern city. During his extensive political career, he accomplished numbers of public works whatsoever he was assigned to. As a Health Minister of Delhi state, he owns credit for making Delhi the first State in India where MMR and Hepatitis vaccines were brought together as part of the consistent immunization program.
Having been known as an honest candidate in east Delhi, Walia Ji has earned huge popularities withthe people of Laxmi Nagar constituency.
Here are some key initiatives Walia Ji has taken during his political career, which keep him different from other:
1. Bridge construction near Gita Colony
2. Construction of ITO Chungi underpass
3. Construction of foot-over bridge between School Block and WB Block
4. Construction of foot-over bridge in front of Ramesh Park, Lalita Park, and Vishwakarma Park
5. Dispensary in Pandav Nagar at the cost of 50lac
6. Opening of OPD department for people in Rajiv Gandhi Super
7. Opening of Diabetic Block in G. T. B. Hospital
8. Unveiling Hedgewar hospital
9. Construction of PSK in the Laxmi Nagar district center
10. Construction of 66 KV electricity sub-station in Shakarpur School Block and 220 KV electricity sub-station in Geeta Colony for Laxmi Nagar
11. Removal of 33 KV high-tension electric wires from South Ganesh Nagar.
In addition to the above development-oriented initiatives, Walia Ji does also have credit to authorize more than 15 unauthorized colonies: South Ganesh Nagar, Ganesh Nagar Complex Pandav Nagar, B-Block Mandavali Fazalpur, Lalita Park, Krishnapuri Mandavali Fazalpur, and many more.
Dr. Walia took foremost initiative in obtaininghigh-tech hospital equipment, accessibility of lifesaving drugs to BPL patients for free, generating awareness among the people with regards to the major ailments. In addition, he also brought about determined special healthdrives to make city as Polio -Free State.